Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Torque's Lab - thumbnails part1




After the abstract thumbnails I did about two weeks ago. I was able to revisit my original thumbnail sketches (below) and try to make what I thought was a bit crammed and bland into something a bit more exciting and interesting. The abstract thumbnails helped me find new perspectives and overall better layouts of what I thought should be an over the top underground laboratory of whom a few have considered "The Tony Stark of the Victorian Era." With a title like that, you can't just cheapen out on the grand introduction of his laboratory. I needed bigger and better. So what was a measly two pages, has now turned into EIGHT, most are full page illustrations too. Full of steam, gears, airships, nautical ship, gentlemen robots and the introduction to the first Abolisher. (finally!)


(initial thumbnail sketches = poo)

Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me. :)
Tomorrow I'll post some more refined sketches and maybe you can actually understand what the heck you're looking at up there.
-b

1 comment:

  1. this much easier to understand in color!

    -L

    ReplyDelete