Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WonderFest 09

The first batch of my recent trip to WonderFest are up in my flickr stream. I'm new to the Flickr thing as well and it only allows me to upload some obscure tiny amount of photos per month. I guess thats what I get for being a cheap-o and not paying to have the membership fee that would take the limit off.

I'll will continue to post them as much as they will allow. (I've got about 6gig's worth of photos to post. whoa!)

The models were absolutly mind-boggling, not to mention all of the amazing artist that I had the chance to chat/drink with! ;) Not many people at my young age have had the great opportunity to sit back and talk art techniques and J.C. Leyendecker with William Stout. Or "Hang with The Wang" in the Hotel bar until closing time. Steve Wang was a super down to Earth great guy to hang with and knock a few drinks back... matter of fact.. I think he might have bought me a round... (awesome... I owe Steve Wang a beer...)

I just wish that music in the bar, which was SUPPOSED to be a one man band, had not turn into a Karaoke contest for the worst country songs ever. Geez, and I thought Nashville was bad.. go to KY and listen to "Aspiring Vocalist" ...not so much.

Many other great artists were there as well Like Frank Deitz, Ken Kelly and David Fisher just to name a few. And Last but least i want to thank my former instructor / mentor Jeff Preston to whom none of this would have been possible. I had a blast guys! And I will for sure be back the many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment